Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The Blog That's Been In My Head For A Year

I've wanted to put my experiences into a blog since pretty much the first day of my teaching career.  But since I am a new teacher, my time has been limited to getting stuff done for the next day and sleeping.  This has been me, in GIF form:



But I'm ready to share!  And I'll start by talking about blogs in general, since that's what we're doing this week for one of my master's classes.  :)

I don't think blogs are any different than other forms of writing, although everyone uses them in different ways.  For some, blogs are an outlet to anonymously share emotions and experiences that might be tough to deal with.  For others, blogs are a way to network and meet other people in similar professions.  Still others use blogs to share their talents and skills with the online world.

I love that blogs give people a way to project their voices.  My favorite blogs are written by my friends because reading them makes me feel like we're having a conversation.  How cool is it that we can stay so connected to the ones we love even though we're states and even continents away?

My hope is that this blog will be a way for me to connect with other computer science educators.  Being the only CS teacher at my school (one of three in the district) allows for very little collaboration.  Hopefully this blog can help me trade ideas and become a better teacher.


No comments:

Post a Comment